What you need:
- 200 g dry rice noodles
- 2 chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 2 Tbsp dried shrimps
- 3 Tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped or crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g beansprouts
- 20 g chives
- Lime, cut into wedges
For the sauce
- 3 Tbsp Tamarind concentrate
- 3 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Chilli powder
How to put this together:
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Taste & season more as required.
- Soak rice noodles in hot water for 10 mins. Drain.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan on medium heat. Fry dried shrimps until crispy. Leave to cool.
- Using remaining oil, crack eggs in the pan. Briefly break up the yolk to mix up egg whites & yolks. We don’t want a uniform omelette colour, we want bits of whites and bits of yolks. Cook for 10-15 seconds, take out while it’s still runny.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in the same pan, add chopped shallot + garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Add chicken. Fry for 1 minute, then add 2 Tbsp of sauce mixture. Keep frying until chicken is cooked.
- Take out half the chicken (we’ll cook the noodles in two batches)
- With the remaining half chicken portion still in the pan, add half the noodles + half the remaining sauce. Fry until noodles is cooked (add a little water if it’s too dry)
- Add half portion fried eggs + half portion dried shrimps. Mix briefly.
- Add half portion beansprouts + chives. Mix well. Put this portion in a serving bowl.
- Cook the other half portion
- Serve hot with crushed peanuts on the side