This is a very healthy, tasty, and refreshing dish.
Serves 3-4 as main, or 5-6 as starter
What you need:
- 1 head Lettuce, peel off each individual leaf, wash and let drip dry
- 500 g Chicken mince (or pork mince)
- 10 Shiitake mushroom. If dried mushroom is used then either soak in a bowl of water for a few hours, or simmer for 10 mins, then squeeze out water. Cut into small pieces.
- 1 can Water chestnut (225 g net weight, 140 g drained weight). Cut into small pieces.
- 4 cloves Garlic, pounded
- 1 c Beansprouts
- 4 Tbsp Spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauce + 1 tsp for mushroom stir-fry
- 2 Tbsp Shaoxing (Chinese cooking wine)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- White pepper powder
How to put this together:
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil, add shiitake mushroom + water chestnut. Add 1 tsp Soy sauce. Stir-fry for few minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil, add garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Add chicken mince + oyster sauce + 3 Tbsp soy sauce + shaoxing + sesame oil. Stir-fry until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Add pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning
- Add the pre-fried shiitake mushroom & water chestnut. Mix well.
- Add beansprouts + spring onions + coriander leaves. Mix well. Take off heat.
- Sprinkle with white pepper powder.
- Serve immediately with lettuce leaves