- 8 pieces Fried tofu puffs, cut into 3 slabs, then halved (6 smaller cuts per piece)
- 2-3 Prawns, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp Dried shrimps
- 1 Tbsp Roasted peanuts, chopped or crushed
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 handful Beansprouts
- 1 handful Chives, cut into 1 inch length
- Lime, cut into wedges
For the sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind concentrate
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
How to put this together:
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Taste & season more as required.
- Heat 1/4 tsp oil in a pan on medium heat. Fry dried shrimps until crispy. Leave to cool.
- Using remaining oil, crack eggs in the pan. Briefly break up the yolk to mix up egg whites & yolks. We don’t want a uniform omelette colour, we want bits of whites and bits of yolks. Cook for 10-15 seconds, take out while it’s still runny.
- Heat 1/4 tsp oil in the same pan, add chopped shallot + garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Add prawn + tofu pieces. Fry for 30 seconds, then add the sauce mixture. Mix briefly.
- Add fried eggs + dried shrimps. Mix briefly.
- Add beansprouts + chives. Mix well.
- Serve hot with crushed peanuts on the side