What you need:
- 1 cup basmati rice, wash 3 times, and soak in plenty of water for 20 mins
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp oil
How to put this together:
- Heat oil in a non-stick pot
- Add drained basmati rice. Stir to mix the oil through for 1 minute
- Add water and bring to boil
- Once it starts to boil, put the lid on, and turn the heat down to very very low
- Keep the lid closed for 8 minutes
- Turn off the heat. Do NOT open the lid yet.
- Leave the lid on for 5 mins
- Fluff the right & enjoy!
Optional: for extra aroma, add a pinch of spice (e.g. cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick) to the oil before adding rice.