My hubby has been asking for me to make him blueberry muffins for a few months now.
I’ve had a few recipes up my sleeves, but all of them call for butter being at room temperature. Honestly, room temp butter is such a baking mood killer. When I want to bake, I want to bake NOW! I can’t waste time waiting for butter to be at room temp!
….then I found this recipe, which calls for no butter! It also looks very easy to make, and turned out amazing!
Original recipe: http://www.inspiredtaste.net/18982/our-favorite-easy-blueberry-muffin-recipe/
Makes: 24 mini muffins
What you need
- 195 g plain flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c (approx) milk – see details below
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c fresh blueberries
- Brown sugar to sprinkle
How to put this together
- Line muffin tray with parchment paper (or use muffin paper cups if you want)
- Preheat oven 200 C
- Sift together flour + caster sugar + salt + baking powder. Stir with a fork to mix. Make a well in the middle.
- In a jug with 1 cup mark, add oil + egg. Top up with milk until it reaches the 1 cup mark. Add vanilla extract. Mix well with fork.
- Add wet ingredient to dry ingredient. Combine with fork. IMPORTANT: Do NOT over mix! The batter should be quite thick
- Add blueberries. Gently fold in with spatula
- Divide the mixture into muffin tray
- Sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on top
- Bake for 10-12 mins, or until a clean skewer inserted comes out with crumbs (not wet batter).
- Leave muffins to cool in the tray for 10 mins.
- Transfer to cool on wiring rack.