For some reasons, when we make ice cream with mixture containing egg – it comes out smelling really eggy.
So now, as much as possible, we try to make ice cream without adding any eggs.
This is one of our favourites!
What you need
- Ice cream machine
- 1 cup full-fat milk
- 1 cup double cream
- 4 Tbsp Thai tea mix (Number one brand, with thumb up logo on the bag)
- 75 g caster sugar
- a pinch of salt
How to put this together
- Make sure your ice cream bowl has enough time in the freezer (according to manufacturer’s instruction) – we keep ours in the freezer always.
- Over medium heat, mix together all the ingredients in a pot
- When the mixture starts to foam, just before it boils, take off the heat. IMPORTANT: do NOT let it boil!
- Leave to cool (or put the pot over ice bath)
- Once cool down enough, put in the fridge for 3-4 hours
- Churn in ice cream maker until it reaches the desired consistency (ours take 15-20 mins)
- Serve immediately, or transfer to a container and put back in the freezer