What you need
- 250g bread flour
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 c water
- 1 Tbsp oil
How to put this together
- Put flour in mixing bowl. Add sugar + yeast to one side of the bowl. Add salt to the other side of the bowl.
- Give the mixture a quick stir.
- Mix together water + oil
- Using dough hook, mix on medium speed (KitchenAid speed 4)
- Slowly add water + oil mixture. Mix until it forms a rough dough.
- Continue mixing for another 5 mins until you have a smooth dough. You may need to add a little more flour if the dough is too wet.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover with tea towel. Leave for 1 hour, or until double in size.
- Punch the dough down and tip it out onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Oil a 9×5 inch loaf tin
- With floured hands, shape the dough into a rectangle, roughly the same size as loaf tine
- Place dough in loaf tin and cover with tea towel. Leave for 45 mins, or until double in size.
- Heat the oven to 175 C
- Bake for 30 mins
- Leave in the tin for 10 mins, then turn out to cool