What you need
- 1.5 cups Crispy Pork Belly
- 1.5 cups Sugar snaps (or green beans, cut into 1.5 inch pieces)
- 75 g Thai red curry paste. See recipe here.
- 15 Kaffir lime leaves, sliced into really fine strips
- 2-3 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
Note: Only use 50g if you’re using store-bought curry paste, and taste before adding any fish sauce as they tend to be quite salty already.
How to put this together
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil, add green beans. Fry for 1 min. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil, add crispy pork belly. Fry until they’re hot & crispy. Note: you can skip this step if your pork belly is “fresh” and is already hot & crispy.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil, add curry paste, fry until fragrant. Add crispy pork belly, stir fry to evenly coat the pieces with curry paste.
- Add sugar + fish sauce. Mix well. Taste & season. Add a splash of water if the paste is sticking to the pan too much.
- Add green beans. Mix well.
- Scatter with kaffir lime leaf strips
- Serve immediately, with steamed jasmine rice