Home comfort food – perfect for winter days!
What you need
- 2 cups Cooked jasmine rice (approx. 1 cup raw rice)
- 1 cup Prawns, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 750 ml Water or chicken stock
- 3 slices Galangal
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp Cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- Chilli powder
- Fish sauce
How to put this together
- Bring water to boil, add galangal. Season with 2 Tbsp soy sauce + sugar + salt. Taste & season. Keep it on simmer.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, fry until fragrant.
- Add prawns, fry for 30 seconds. Add 1 Tbsp soys sauce + oyster sauce + cracked pepper. Taste & season. Take off heat.
- Put 1 cup of rice in each bowl. Pour the soup over. Top with prawns.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately, with condiments on the side.