What you need
- 120 g Unsalted butter, diced
- 100 g Chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa
- 2 Eggs
- 225 g Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 90 g Plain flour
- 300 g Cream cheese, full fat
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
How to put this together
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Line an 8 x 8 baking tin with parchment paper.
- Using a double boil method, add butter + chocolate chips + cocoa in the bowl. Stir occasionally until everything is melted & well mixed.
- Take off heat. Leave to cool slightly. Note: if the mixture is too hot, you’ll end up scrambling the egg.
- In a bowl, add eggs + sugar + salt + vanilla extract. Using a hand whisk, beat until well mixed.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture. Briefly mix with the whisk. Do NOT over mix.
- Sift in the flour. Briefly mix with the whisk. Do NOT over mix.
- Pour brownie mixture into the tray
- Add cream cheese + sugar in a bowl. Using balloon whisk attachment, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg + vanilla extract. Beat well until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour this on top of the brownie mixture. Or if you want a marble effect, add them in large dollops using a spoon, then use a skewer to drag the mixture around to create marble effect
- Bake for 40 mins.
- Leave to cool completely.