This is a healthier version if you want some crispy tofu.
Honestly though, it takes so long to make. If you don’t have the time (and are not THAT concerned about deep-fried food), then just deep fry the bloody thing!
Makes: roughly 2 cups crispy tofu
What you need
- 400 g Firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- Thai sweet chilli sauce
- Peanuts, roasted and crushed
How to put this together
- Drain the tofu of the liquid it comes in.
- Place double layer paper towel on a plate.
- Put tofu block on top, put another sheet of paper towel on top, followed by a chopping board, and some weights to squeeze out the water. Leave for 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 200 C
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes. Sprinkle with a few pinches of salt.
- Drizzle sesame oil over the cubes, and gently coat them evenly.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and place tofu cubes on top
- Bake for 30-40 mins, flipping every 10 mins.
- To make dipping sauce – simply sprinkle crushed roasted peanuts on top of Thai sweet chilli sauce
- Serve crispy tofu cubes with dipping sauce, or use it in other recipes