Recipe adapted from “Gelato Messina” book
What you need:
- 450 g Mango pulp (we use Alphonso/Kesar ones that are marked “sweetened”)
- 370 g Water
- 120 g Caster sugar
- 45 g Dextrose
- Ice cream maker
How to put this together:
- In a pot, add water + caster sugar + dextrose. Heat until it’s JUST about boil
- Leave to cool, then put it in the freezer so it’s cold, but NOT frozen
- Add in mango pulp. Blend well with a hand mixer.
- Taste & season. You may want to add more sugar, or more mango if you want it more intense.
- Put back in the fridge for at least 4 hours
- Churn according to ice cream maker instruction
- Freeze for a few hours before serving