What you need
- 600g Roast duck, boneless, sliced.
- 3 portions Red curry paste (see recipe here)
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp Oil
- 100 ml Water
- 140g Bamboo shoots
- 260g Pineapple chunks
- 6 Cherry tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves, rip off the leafy bits and discard the stalk
- 5 sprigs Basil
Note: If you’re using store-bought curry paste, use 6-serving equivalent amount as per packet instruction, and taste before adding any fish sauce as they tend to be quite salty already.
How to put this together
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add curry paste. Fry until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk + water. Bring to boil.
- Add bamboo shoots + pineapple chunks + cherry tomatoes + fish sauce + sugar.
- Taste & season.
- Add duck + kaffir lime leaves.
- Taste & season. Note: You may want to add more water to achieve your preferred consistency.
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add basil leaves. Mix through.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.